Welcome to ‘The Compassionate Friends of Canada’
Supporting Bereaved Parents Grieving the Loss of a Child
The Compassionate Friends (TCF) provides a safe environment, supporting bereaved parents grieving the loss of a child; no matter the age or cause. It is difficult to welcome you to an organization such as this, but we are happy that you found out about us. We would like to do all that we can to help you through these difficult times. Grieving the loss of a child is difficult and many of us have experienced the challenging journey. Let us help.
We cannot hurry you through it, or take away the pain, but we can help you understand more about this life altering experience. Sometimes just knowing you are normal can be helpful. Though it may be difficult, we encourage you to attend a Compassionate Friends meeting at your nearest chapter. There are several chapters offering group support via videoconference as well, if you are not ready to attend an in-person meeting.
We know it takes courage to attend that first gathering, but those who do come find an atmosphere of understanding from others who have experienced the grief that you have now. Nothing is asked of you. There are no dues or fees and you do not have to speak. Time has proven that with CARING and SHARING the death of a child, comes healing.
We WELCOME YOU to The Compassionate Friends – Grief support for bereaved parents after the loss of a child.
- “It is the gift of HOPE which reigns supreme in the attributes of The Compassionate Friends.
- HOPE that life can still be worth living and meaningful.
- HOPE that the pain of loss will become less acute, and above all else.
- The HOPE that we do not walk alone, and that we are understood.
- The gift of HOPE is the greatest gift that we can give to those who mourn.”
~Rev. Simon Stephens – Founder